Product Design Lead (UX/UI)
Seed stage, FinTech start-up experience 🚀
What we are looking for 👀
We are looking for someone who loves design as much as we do! As our Product Design Lead in part-time, you are responsible for designing our App, ranging from conceptualizing the UX to polishing off the UI. You will develop a product that users love—and most importantly, you do this together with our users, so you must enjoy interacting with users and finding out their needs by reading between the lines.
Who we are 👥
We’re two founders with several combined years of professional experience in strategy consultancies, the finance industry, and the startup scene.
Our mission is to help everybody navigate through the investment world easily and build a secure financial future for themselves.
Our Vision 🔮
- Build the most beginner-friendly investment platform on the market
- Empower individuals with the knowledge and confidence to make educated investment decisions and, essentially, to start their investment journey to build long-term wealth
- Drive the investing adoption of groups that are currently underrepresented in financial markets
Your Responsibilities 🏢
Based on your background and interests, we will discuss your exact focus areas, but potential tasks are to:
- Collaborate closely with founders and users—you will develop the product with users and always put the user first
- Lead customer discovery via interviews, surveys, focus groups and other methods
- Design low and high-fidelity user screens and clickable prototypes
- Drive prioritization as well as UX decisions for our product pillars content & investing
- Own the end-to-end process from concept testing to creating mock-ups of the product for development
- Engage closely with developers to design and implement accessible, responsive and consistent User Interfaces
- Create a standard of UX that is consistent and maintained throughout products
- Tell our story through beautiful design and UI—you have to make the product sexy!
- Use wireframing and storyboarding for user flows Optimize the Design System, style guides and UI pattern libraries
Who you are 😎
- Experienced: Ideally, you have 3+ years of experience as a product designer, having worked as part of the product development processes, ideally in the financial services industry
- An Expert: In standard UX/UI software such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, and the like
- Creative: Excellent UI design skills as you will be the sole designer in the team
- Independent: You can independently structure and drive your work for tangible results with attention to detail.
- Passionate: You have a real passion for product design
- Detail-focused: You have a solid grasp of user-centric design (UCD), A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability, and accessibility concerns
- Engaged: With the topic of investing and financial literacy, you don’t have to be a pro but are keen to learn together with your users
- Agile: Always put the user first and feel comfortable changing your style and text depending on the different user groups
- Communicative: Native-level or highly proficient fluency in English. Being German speaking would be of additional benefit Excited: By the opportunity to be part of an early-stage start-up and build something of value for your customers
Why beatvest? 🤙
- High impact position: you will directly see the impact of your work
- Early employee: you can significantly shape the final outcome of our app
- Freedom: you can implement and test your ideas and content
- Flexibility: you decide when and where you work with us. Equal opportunities for all: We welcome applications from people who are as diverse as we are—regardless of age, disability, ethnic origin and nationality, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or social background.
- This is a part-time position
- No freelancing possible
- Candidates must be living in Germany